Followers

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Zucchini Bread


  I am SUPER excited! This recipe won Host Favorite from Foodie Fridays on http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/! Thank you!!!!!!
One day I would like to have my own vegetable garden, however living in the city makes it slightly difficult as my yard = a wooden deck  and the Topsy Turny really isn't the most attractive planter around. :)  Lucky for me my sister’s father in law has his own vegetable garden and each summer I  finagle obtaining some of his home grown veggies to incorporate into my cooking. I was able to snag a HUGE zucchini this time and with that I made this moist and delicious zucchini bread which I found on Food Network.com by Paula Deen. The spices of the nutmeg and cinnamon complement its’ soft, yet still firm texture making it the perfect counterpart to a nice up of coffee or tea. And who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? This TASTY bread has so much zucchini in it I swear it could count as a vegetable serving! :)     YUM!

 Zucchini Bread

3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.  In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, waters, zucchini and lemon juice.  Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.


 As featured on Foodie Fridays on http://alilcountrysugar.blogspot.com/ and http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com !!!

12 comments:

  1. I Love zucchini anything, Pammy especially zucchini bread! Thanks for posting at Foodie Friends Friday and please stop back and vote on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy and thanks for the reminder! :)

      Delete
  2. Love zucchini bread. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Newest follower.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. I have tons of zucchini in my freezer from our garden and I will be using this recipe! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made to loaves I was able to freeze one of them and still tasted just as good 2 weeks later! :)

      Delete
  4. Come to my blog tomorrow as YOUR recipe is one of my host favorites! www.wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Oh wow I am honored! Thank you so very much!

      Delete